[Mailman-Users] cannot strip html, here are my settings.

schuetzen chasm at texas.net
Fri Aug 1 03:01:13 CEST 2003

****ok, the html did not get stripped off as seen below.

Message snip>===========

3. Go the extra mile ... drive home in the dark.
      Oh, and put off buying a television set as long as you can.
      Now, if you have any idea at all what's good for you, you will get the
hell out of here and never come back.
      Class dismissed.

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0>

excerpt snip>===========

***headers of message are

h710Ljj00314

***even with my ISP converting it still left the html code
***here are the settings from my list's content filter box

Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings
below?
(Edit filter_content) No     X Yes

Remove message attachments that have a matching content type.
(Details for filter_mime_types

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
image
jpeg
gif
html
.*octet
.*oda
.*audio
.*image
.*alternative
.*digest
.*mixed
.*related
.*rich
.*html
.*video
.*vcf
.*dat

***and for the

Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type. Leave this
field blank to skip this filter test.
(Details for pass_mime_types

text/plain
multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative

=====
Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion happens
after MIME attachments have been stripped.
(Edit convert_html_to_plaintext)   YES

***and under Pass filters, only text/plain is left in the box

what is set wrong??
chas