[Mailman-Users] I guess it's my week for problems, sorry :(

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Sat Aug 2 17:17:04 CEST 2003

Richard Barrett said:
> The error response is saying that a field in the search form that
> mmsearch.py insists be present is missing.

I have compared /usr/local/mailman/templates/en/TOC_htsearch.html with the
output the lists are putting on the Archives page. They match:

     To search this archive fill in the following form:
       <form method="post" action="%(mmsearchcgi)s">
       Match: <select name="method">
         <option value="and">All
         <option value="or">Any
         <option value="boolean">Boolean
       </select>
       Format: <select name="format">
         <option value="short">Short
         <option value="long">Long
       </select>
       Sort by: <select name="sort">
         <option value="score">Score
         <option value="time">Time
         <option value="title">Title
         <option value="revscore">Reverse Score
         <option value="revtime">Reverse Time
         <option value="revtitle">Reverse Title
       </select>
       <input type="hidden" name="config"
value="%(listname)s%(htsearchconf)s">
       <!-- input type="hidden" name="restrict" value="">
       <input type="hidden" name="exclude" value="" -->
       Search:
         <input type="text" size="30" name="words" value="">
         <input type="submit" value="Search">
       </form>
         <STRONG>Note:</STRONG>The archive search index was last rebuilt at
         %(lastrun)s. Any postings after that will not be found by
         a search. Index rebuild is usally done once every 24 hours for
         this list. You can use a "View by date" link below to access
         more recent postings.

> The required fields are called: 'method', 'format', 'sort', 'config'
> and 'words'.

They all appear... but the searching still fails.

I did notice this:

htdig Archives Access Failure
The requested list cannot be accessed. mngwedding:mngwedding.htsearch
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you want to make another attempt to access a list archive then go via
the list users information page.

If this problem persists then please e-mail the following information to
the mailman at lists.wingfoot.org:

    https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/private/mngwedding/
    /mailman/mmsearch/mngwedding

That file does not exist anywhere on my hard drive (mngwedding.htsearch).
I think the problem is that the file itself is
mngwedding.htsearch.conf....

> The blow_away_htdig etc routine I described and as described in
> INSTALL.htdig-mm should renew per-list search forms from the
> TOC_htsearch.html template.

*nod* That, at least, appears to have worked. Now to get it to look at the
right .conf files :)

Thanks again, Richard :)
Glenn

---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    ICQ UIN: 300395    IRC Nick: Rainbear
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals"-Charge of the Goddess