[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_FILTER_PROG

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 5 00:59:44 CEST 2003

I noticed that dumpdb on a list config file gives

> 'filter_prog': '',

I also noticed that Defaults.py has this:

> DEFAULT_FILTER_PROG = ''                # Currently not used!

But ...

MailList.py has this bit of code:

>         self.filter_prog = mm_cfg.DEFAULT_FILTER_PROG

... and scripts/post has this:

>    # Perhaps flow the message text through a filter program
>    prog = mlist.filter_prog
>    if prog:
>        import os, __main__
>        file = os.path.join(mm_cfg.VAR_PREFIX, 'filters', prog)
>        try:
>            execfile(file)
>            msg = Message.Message(StringIO(__main__.mailman_text))
>        except:
>            pass

Does this work?  If I set that attribute to a program such as stripmime,
will it do the right thing?  It looks like I have to put it into
../filters ...

Does anyone else strip MIME out of incoming messages?

/jordan