[Mailman-Users] mm_cfg.py

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 14:41:02 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 01:18  pm, david.gordon wrote:

> I've just updated to MM 2.1.2. All now working as expected - thanks to
> those who helped!
>
> I'd like to add personalisation to the mail footer (as this list does).
> As I understand it I have to edit the mm_cfg.py file. Looking at it, it
> appears to be an old version from my MM 2.0.x perhaps.

That is to be exepected as the site specific changes you make to
Mailman's configuration in mm_cfg.py are not changed by upgrades; be
thankful for that.

>  Anyway there's no
> lines about
>
>  VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
>
> which I expected.

MM has always defined the default configuration in Defaults.py. You
change the defaults to suit your site requirements by by copying the
definitions you want to change from Defaults.py and inserting them into
mm_cfg.py and editing them there. Those (the majority?) defaults that
are OK do not need to be added to mm_cfg.py

> I think the mm.cfg.py is not updated - correct? Whatever, do I have a
> correct version to replace the old one with? What should I be doing? I
> assume when I find these lines and enable them I'll see a change in the
> web interface?

And you should also run mailmanctl restart to get the daemons to
recognise the changes.

btw: If you had an operational MM 2.0.13 configuration and you had
defined DEFAULT_HOST_NAME and DEFAULT_URL in mm_cfg.py you might want
to read the comments about them in Defaults.py