[Mailman-Users] running nimda test

Ben Gertzfield che at debian.org
Wed Aug 6 22:50:39 CEST 2003

chris weisiger wrote:

> i noticed the nimda test virus in the Mailman tar.gz file
> how do i test Mailman using the nimda test file?

That file is actually only in the Mailman source code as a way to
exercise the email parser package's MIME handling code; Nimda virus
emails have particularly bad MIME parts, so we wanted to make sure
Mailman's email parser didn't choke on them.

There's no way to "test" Mailman using that file -- it doesn't even
contain the whole virus, just part of an infected message.  What exactly
did you want to test?

Ben