[Mailman-Users] IP's instead of FQDN

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 15:58:19 CEST 2003

I can only assume that you haven't read all of the notes in the INSTALL
and README.SENDMAIL documentation files in the Mailman build directory.

If that is because you did not install from source then I suggest you
download the MM source distribution from:

and unpack it to get at those two files.

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 02:05  pm, James Pifer wrote:

> No I hadn't started that. Is that something I should add to rc.local so
> it starts every time the box is restarted?

Covered in  the INSTALL file

> Something is still screwed up in my Sendmail config. I tried to post a
> message to my new list and got the following:

> "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post stoneware-users"
>     (reason: Service unavailable)
>     (expanded from: <stoneware-users at obrien-pifer.com>)

> smrsh: "mailman" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
> ----

Covered in the README.SENDMAIL file