[Mailman-Users] Mass subscribe Member limit? (add_members)

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Aug 7 21:43:30 CEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 03:39:00PM -0300, Gustavo Gouvea wrote:
> Im using redhat 8.0 + mailman 2.0.13.
>
> It happens that Im using add_members to mass subscribe
> 25,000 members.
>
> When I try to do it, the script tells me that several
> email adresses was already subscribed, but they were not.
> I use list_members and bingo! The emails informed as already
> subscribed are not subscribed.
>
> Is there a maximum number of members I can subscribe once?

I've done over 40,000 on Red Hat Linux 7.0 and mailman 2.0.13.  When I
saw the duplicate member error, it turned out that I had the same user
in my text file twice, but with different case.  Do a case-insensitive
uniq on your input file and see if that helps.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org