[Mailman-Users] I can't get my mail list to work

Rick Cheney rickcheney at myrealbox.com
Sun Aug 10 16:35:55 CEST 2003

association and our web host, webmanix.com, is not very helpful.  We cannot
the mailing list to work.  The mailing list
Test_hcmcnurses at synedyne.appliednetworkservices.net does not work. When I
create a mailing list I get the text below.  I didn't find an option on the
Control Panel for editing the etc/aliases or running 'newalises'.  I tried
making folders named etc/aliases and adding a text file named text.txt to
that folder with the information below, but it did not work.

equivalent) file by adding the following lines, and possibly running the
`newaliases' program:

## test_hcmcnurses.org mailing list
test_hcmcnurses.org:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman post test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-admin:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman admin test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-bounces:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman bounces
test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-confirm:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman confirm
test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-join:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman join test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-leave:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman leave test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-owner:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman owner test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-request:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman request
test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-subscribe:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe
test_hcmcnurses.org"
test_hcmcnurses.org-unsubscribe:
"|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe
test_hcmcnurses.org"

Hit enter to notify test_hcmcnurses.org owner...
Updated List test hcmcnurses.org

Thanks for your help, Rick Cheney   651-227-9166