[Mailman-Users] Script Alternative to Radio Buttons?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 11 19:56:51 CEST 2003

> We need a command line script alternative to the web
> page radio buttons, and we are willing to pay for it!

Here's what I did: in Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py, there's some code that
looks like this:

    buttons.AddRow(map(lambda x, s=' '*5: s+x+s,
                       ('Defer', 'Approve', 'Reject', 'Discard')))
    buttons.AddRow([Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.DEFER, 1)),
                    Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.APPROVE, 0)),
                    Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.REJECT, 0)),
                    Center(RadioButton(id, mm_cfg.DISCARD, 0)),
                    ])

Change the DEFER default to '0' from '1' and change DISCARD from '0' to
'1' and then when you visit the web page, the default action selected is
to DISCARD the pending message; after a quick scan to look for 'legit'
messages, you can drop them all in one click.

You're welcome; that'll be $1.5M.

:-)

/jordan