[Mailman-Users] 'recipient list too long'? -- [dr-fun-changes] http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/ has changed. (fwd)

Jonathan Ah Kit ahkitj at jnawk.net.nz
Mon Aug 11 22:13:20 CEST 2003

Hi

The message below got bunged onto me as moderator even though I have an
explicit non-member approve for this sender, ahkitj at greta.electric.gen.nz.
Mailman said the recipient list was too long, and to shorten it. However,
of course, as moderator I approved it.

This is a big 'um' for me, as I run another mailing list on this server,
internet-news, where the moderator there crossposts to about five mailing
lists! The real name 'Doctor Fun website changes list' I suspect may be at
fault, but I don't see how that *should* make the recipient list too long.

Ideas, people? I'd rather not approve messages every time unless I have to
(though changing the real name might be a good idea, but again, I'd rather
not if I don't have to).

Thanks
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Ah Kit - Lower Hutt - New Zealand
jonathan at ah-kit.dropbear.id.au - http://www.ah-kit.dropbear.id.au/