[Mailman-Users] Re: non-member bounces

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Thu Aug 14 03:13:25 CEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 06:19:38PM -0400, Clay Stuckey wrote:

> Is there a way to allow posts from all non members? I have 20 or so lists
> for my company. I want to allow anyone to email any list even it they are
> not a member. I am using this purely as a centrally managed group email
> solution.

Eep - didn't mean to hit send there.

Anyway, yes, but it depends on the version you're using, which you
didn't mention.

Also, I think this is a bad idea, at least if the list addresses are
reachable from the Internet at large, because eventually, you'll almost
definitely start getting spam to the list. You might want to just define
a regexp for acceptable addresses (which should also be possible) and
allow all addresses from a particular domain to post.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."