[Mailman-Users] Define stuff per list or language?

Anders Norrbring anders at norrbring.biz
Fri Aug 15 14:57:40 CEST 2003

Alright, thanks.. :)

I haven't tried it yet, I'll do it as soon as my server comes up again.
However, that's not "as nice" as I should prefer..  Isn't there a chance to
have separately defined messages for each list or language?  That would be
really good to always have all messages, mails and web pages in the users
chosen language.  With the solution you propose here, I still need to make
the outgoing e-mail a dual language one.

Later,

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting

-> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Define stuff per list or language?
->
-> Hi,
->
-> You can re-define the charset for English language in mm_cfg.py.
-> Add following lines will do.
->
-> def _(s):
->      return s
-> add_language('en',   _('English (USA)'),       'iso-8859-1')
-> del _
->
->
-> Anders Norrbring wrote:
->
-> > Hiya all!
-> >
-> > I've found the really nice feature in 2.1 to have custom templates for
-> each
-> > list and/or language available.
-> >
-> > But, there's one important (to me, anyway) variable I can't seem to
-> find any
-> > possibility to customize per language, so if anyone knows how, please
-> help!
-> >
-> > The variable is 'member_moderation_notice'.  Since we run a couple of
-> dual
-> > language lists it kinda important to set.  We have both English and
-> Swedish
-> > languages on those lists, and as many of you know, we Scandinavians
-> (and
-> > others) use extended ASCII in our texts, so if I use any of those, they
-> show
-> > up correctly when a user have set his/her language to Swedish, but if
-> the
-> > language option is set to English, then it's a mess in the mail sent
-> out as
-> > moderation/reject e-mail.
-> >
-> > Due to the fact that I haven't found any customization function for
-> that
-> > specific parameter, I have to include both Swedish and English
-> explanatory
-> > text in the response e-mail, and it really sucks when a user gets a
-> mail
-> > full of  å and alikes just because I can't set one string per
-> > language.
-> >
-> > Please point out to me how it can be done!
-> >
-> > Thank you!
-> >
-> > Anders Norrbring