[Mailman-Users] Mailing List Held Messages

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Thu Aug 21 18:06:56 CEST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about the removal of held messages, is there a way to
automatically remove held messages that have been in a mailing list for
a certain number of days ( I have been going in to /home/mailman/data
and using the "rm" command on messages that I  know are spam, or a worm
virus like SOBIG). The reason I ask is, it creates quite a bit of disk
space when moderators have not gone in and either "approved" or
"discarded" the held messages, so I would like to have something go in
and check how long a message has been out there and if it's out there
past a certain number of days I would like it removed.

I know I could write something in perl to do this, but if something is
already in the mailman configuration that has adopted this, than I don't

want to spend time doing so.

Also what is the syntax for creating a spam filter on the SUBECT header.

--
Kory Wheatley
Academic Computing Analyst Sr.