[Mailman-Users] htdig error

Paul H Byerly paul at themarriagebed.com
Thu Aug 28 21:27:07 CEST 2003

I've got ht://dig working nicely, but I get an error message each time the
nightly cron job runs:

From: root at svr01.thcwd.com (Cron Daemon)
To: mailman at svr01.thcwd.com
Subject: Cron <mailman at svr01> /usr/local/bin/python2.2 -S
/usr/local/mailman/cron/nightly_htdig

/bin/sort: /opt/www/htdig/db/sort99SAvz: Permission denied
htmerge: Word sort failed

/bin/sort: /opt/www/htdig/db/sortTjcbiZ: Permission denied
htmerge: Word sort failed

      The cron job and /opt/www/htdig/db/ both have the permissions
root:mailman .  The /opt/www/htdig/db/ has no files in it.  My
/opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf reads:

database_dir:           /opt/www/htdig/db

      My individual list folders
(../mailman/archives/private/<LISTNAME>/htdig/) have the proper files and
they update correctly.  Everything seems to run correctly.  Is this
ht://dig "going back to it's roots" and trying to do something I have no
need for?

<>< Paul