[Mailman-Users] Re: Footer ?

Kevin McCann kmccann at bellanet.org
Fri Aug 29 00:15:27 CEST 2003

Thanks, Ben. I had initially been thinking this was strictly an Outlook
problem, too. But I became skeptical as I realised that there are still two
big questions:

1) Why do these same Outlook clients not have problems receiving
attachment-less messages with footers from other MLMs such as Lyris? (I run
hundreds of lists on Lyris and a handful on Mailman and I only have problems
with Mailman).

2) Similarly, why do other Mailman installations send the mail to these same
mail clients without problems?

Logic would dictate that *some* Mailman installations are sending out
messages in a way that some mail clients have a problem with. I guess if we
solve it on the Mailman side we needn't worry about the quirkiness of the
client.

I'll do whatever I can to help solve this. Maybe we can set up a few test
lists on various sites - some with and some without the problem. Then send
identical messages with identical footers and meticulously look at the
message contents (headers, CR/LFs, you name it). There has to be some small
difference that is causing the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin