[Mailman-Users] disable subject_prefix, and log location

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Fri Aug 29 22:12:43 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:35:16PM -0700, John W Baxter wrote:
:At 7:58 -0700 8/29/2003, Peter Hessler wrote:
:>On, another topic, where are the logs for mailman, other than
:>/var/spool/mailman/logs/*?  Postfix claims it delivered a message to
:>("|/usr/local/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post testlist"), but I see no record
:>of any such message in /var/spool/mailman/logs/*
:
:Have a peek in /var/log/mailman
:
:That's where the mailman logs are hiding on our system (Mailman installed
:by another, not me...I would have preferred our usual place for logs).
:
Wasn't created on my system.  I created it, figured out the problem,
and fixed it.  (BTW, it was permissions.  /var/spool/mailman was
_mailman:_mailman, not _mailman:nobody, like it expected)

Once I fixed that, I discovered that setting subject_prefix to null actually
was working properly.

Thanks for your help.  Now I get to fix the port (I installed it from
OpenBSD ports)

:   --John
:--
:John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
:

--
Ah, wonderful nature - look at the pretty moose, let's kill it.