[Mailman-Users] Moderator bit

Mike Hogsett hogsett at csl.sri.com
Mon Dec 1 20:07:48 CET 2003

> I have a set my site to default all new members of any list to be
> moderated. One list wants it set off by default and has manually
> switched each subscriber's mod bit to off. But it still requires the
> subcribers messages to be aproved. Whats going on with that?

If it requires "new" subscribers to be moderated and not existing
subscribers then perhaps :

"By default, should new list member postings be moderated?"

is set to "Yes"

If all subscribers have to be moderated then perhaps :

"Emergency moderation of all list traffic."

Is set to "Yes"

Good luck,

     Michael Hogsett