[Mailman-Users] In a pickle

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Wed Dec 10 11:27:42 CET 2003

08-Dec-03 at 15:33, Jon Carnes (jonc at nc.rr.com) wrote :
> Sounds bad kemosabee. The backup is the way to go.  You might be able to
> use "strings config.pck" and get a string dump of the file that has some
> helpful information.

Cheers Jon

Got the backup, ran check_db, all OK, and I'm back up and running.

Lesson: back up your config.pck files regularly and you'll avoid
nightmares. Thankfully my weekly backup happened the night before the
crash (indeed I wonder if the backup was copying that file while mailman
tried to read from it, and that's what caused the crash lol)

So now I have a script that checks each day and makes me a backup of the
file, as well as doing MHonArc on my archive if it has changed.

Regards,

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access