[Mailman-Users] Can mailman preprocess mails before doing the usualstuff?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 14 03:16:51 CET 2003

Well, elements of what he's asking for can be trivially done with a
small milter.  Heck, "sed" could do most of what he desires.

If its a real need and folks ask for it (meaning make a lot of noise -
or *are* willing to pay for it), then it will be built in.  I've written
patches myself for mailman that clients paid for - and I've contributed
a lot of scripts... which clients paid for.

Are you getting the message?  Barry would love to see some donations.
He does a lot of hard work, and we all benefit from his work.  If you
don't want to do the work yourself, get it done the old fashion way and
pay for it.  You might be surprised how much work a few bucks will get
you from Open Source programmers.

Just my $.02,

Jon Carnes