[Mailman-Users] Installation Problem

Thomas Murphy murphy at thepanemgroup.com
Mon Dec 15 00:07:36 CET 2003

Hello everyone,

i spend the last 2 two days on getting mailman installed on a suse 8.1
server (postfix + confixx) and i'm stuck, i really tried it on my own,
but now i would really appreciate a helping hand.

current situation: web-interface works fine, but when i try to
subscribe, i get no mail.
i set all the neccessary options in httpd.conf.

-------------------
mm_cfg.py:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'netmilk.de'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'netmilk.de'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS=['netmilk.de']
-------------------

one thing i was wondering about: i tried the mailman package that comes
with suse, but it is an older version and also didn't work, so i tried
to configure it from scratch.
when i restart apache i still get

Starting httpd [ Mailman PERL PHP4 Python SSL ZopeKeepHomes ]

even if i totally comment out every line of my mailman config-lines in
httpd.conf !!?

i'm stuck.

bye,
Murphy