[Mailman-Users] Postfix not sending mail

Christian Schoepplein mail at schoeppi.net
Tue Dec 16 14:15:19 CET 2003

Hi Thomas!

On Di, Dez 16, 2003 at 01:52:08 +0100, Thomas Murphy wrote:
> >Hmm, normaly there should appear the mailinglistaddress and not the
> >web1p1 at ... address. Disable the catchall via confixx temporaily and test
> >if this works. I also use mailman and postfix on a rootserver from 1&1
> >and it works, but first of all I kicked confixx from the machine ;-).

OK, confixx rewrites the adresses to sort mails into the right
mailbox...

> unfortunatley, that is not an option for me ;) - because i am sharing
> the server with someone who insists on this software.

OK.

> but i tried to disable the catchall, and now i get failure notices by
> postfix:
>
> <netmilk-general at netmilk.de>:
> 217.160.217.60 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 550 <netmilk-general at netmilk.de>: User unknown
> Giving up on 217.160.217.60.

Whats in the main.cf for local_recipient_maps? I have

local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps proxy:unix:passwd.byname

alials_maps is set this way:

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

Is confixx rewriting the main.cf file also automaticly by its cronjob?
If not, you could sent us the main.cf file (without comments) and / or
the output of

postconf -n

Ciao,
Schoepp