[Mailman-Users] mailman and https

Lukas Ruf ruf at rawip.org
Wed Dec 17 10:13:32 CET 2003

> Todd <Freedom_Lover at pobox.com> [2003-11-24 18:55]:
>
> Lukas Ruf wrote:
> > I run several mailing list on various virtual hosts with mailman
> > 2.1.2 on a Linux 2.4 server.  This works just great!  (Thanks to the
> > developers!).
> >
> > However, I would like to secure all administrative web-pages by
> > https.  Searching the web and <http://list.org/docs.html> has not
> > really led me to an understanding on how to achieve this.
>
> Set this in mm_cfg.py:
>
>     DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
>
> Then restart the qrunners and use the fix_url.py script to update
> existing lists.  You also need to run bin/arch as well to recreate the
> archives if there are attachments in the archives of any lists.
>
> And see this excellent FAQ entry:
>
>     4.29. Where can I change a list or the default URL used for the
>     web interface?
>     http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp
>
> There's a section on using SSL which links to another FAQ entry which
> has more details.  Combined, these two entries should answer your
> question pretty well.

Thanks for the answer!  I have changed the settings.  However, when I
try running fix_url.py it does not work.  I read the FAQ and googled
the web...

Running fix_url.py resulted in

komsys-pc-ruf:/home/mailman/bin# ./withlist -l -r \
    /home/mailman/bin/fix_url.py any -u https://www.lpr.ch -v
Importing /home/mailman/bin/fix_url...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./withlist", line 275, in ?
    main()
  File "./withlist", line 247, in main
    mod = __import__(module)
ImportError: No module named /home/mailman/bin/fix_url

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong???

Thanks!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |