[Mailman-Users] HTML messages in list archives

Christopher Jackson cjackson at avaki.com
Wed Dec 17 20:39:16 CET 2003

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but my searches have not turned up the appropriate results.

My users send HTML formatted mail from Microsoft Outlook XP SP-2 clients.  Content filtering is off since enabling it prevents messages from being delivered at all; however, when looking at the mailing list archive the message is stripped to the point of being useless.

For example, if I send a simple HTML formatted text message with the subject "Testing (post1)" and the body text as just my signature block (as shown in this message after the "--") all is good.

As soon as the HTML message gets more complicated (e.g. contains images, text formatting using HTML tags, etc.) the following is returned in the archive:

Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 1241 bytes
Desc: not available

I don't see any notice of discard in /usr/local/mailman/logs/vette and the message is delivered to list members.  Is there anyway to have all parts of the message converted to plain text?  My mm_cfg.py is as follows:

DEFAULT_URL         = 'http://mailman.avaki.com/mailman/'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST    = 'mailman.avaki.com'
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME   = 'avaki.com'
SMTPHOST = 'bastion01.avaki.com'
SMTPPORT = 25
MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner at avaki.com'
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE = On
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE = 1
ARCHIVE_SCRUBBER = 'Mailman.Handlers.Scrubber'
ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 3
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = No
DEFAULT_SUBJECT_PREFIX  = "[%(real_name)s] "
DEFAULT_MSG_HEADER = ""
DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER = ""
SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 800

--