[Mailman-Users] Block domain

Todd Freedom_Lover at pobox.com
Thu Dec 18 00:38:12 CET 2003

Dan Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 18:13, Todd wrote:
>> That regex only matches if the address begins with domain.com.  You
>> might want something more like @domain.com$ or possibly .*@domain.com$
>> (I don't know if the former works in mailman's sender filters or not.
>> I haven't tried it).
> You're saying that because the caret is a beginning of line anchor?

That was what immediately jumped out at me...

> The web page says: "In the text boxes below, add one address per
> line; start the line with a ^ character to designate a Python
> regular expression.

...but maybe I should read more before I start typing. :)

> I took that to mean that the caret was a flag to mailman indicating
> a regex, and would not be seen by the regex engine.  I'll try a
> regex which assumes the caret is passed as a normal
> beginning-of-line anchor.

Well, again without having tried this and risking that I'm wasting
your time (and exposing my ignorance :), perhaps a pattern like this
will work?

- --
I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious,
self-righteous people around me.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)