[Mailman-Users] Config Error: TypeError: not all arguments converted

gebser at speakeasy.net gebser at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 19 22:05:01 CET 2003

Hey, group,

I'm thinking this may be a bug, but I wanted to run it by the people
here.  I just did a new install of mailman v.2.0.13-1 on a redhat v.7.2
system.  The install went fine, the configuration part, however, not
so good.  When editing Mailman/mm_cfg.py and then running
bin/check_perms, I get the following error:

# bin/check_perms
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "bin/check_perms", line 46, in ?
    from Mailman import mm_cfg
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py", line 62, in ?
    DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://www.mydomain.net/mailman/' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME
TypeError: not all arguments converted

(Of course "mydomain" is standing in for a valid domain name, one of
three virtual domains listed in my apache configuration.  All three
virtual domains are working fine.)

What is causing this error?