[Mailman-Users] Possible bug with confirmation string & excessive bounces

Ken Kyler ken at kyler.net
Fri Dec 26 13:39:46 CET 2003

We recently upgraded to Mailman 2.1.3.

On one list (an unmoderated list), I get the following message:

"Your membership in the mailing list Delphi-Talk has been disabled due
to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
25-Dec-2003.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
this before your membership in the list is deleted."

When I follow the provided link, I get the following error message:
"Bad confirmation string
Invalid confirmation string: e00502102de3e568a5354639dbdcd116cf11a44a.

Note that confirmation strings expire approximately 3 days after the initial
subscription request. If your confirmation has expired, please try to
re-submit your subscription. Otherwise, re-enter your confirmation string."

I've searched the lists and find that this error is mentioned often but no
solution is given.  Any thoughts?

Ken