[Mailman-Users] New Mailman User

April Cox april.cox at ngne.com
Tue Dec 30 18:51:16 CET 2003

Hi there!

I was hoping someone out there could help me. I'm a new user of mailman and
am creating a list for a professional organization. It's an outgoing-bound
list only, specifically I'll be using it to send out meeting announcements
and reminders. I was able to set it up to not allow members or non-members
to post to the list. But I was unable to prevent it from allowing people to
respond to the email they receive from me. Right now it goes to the list -
which I don't want. I set the option to REPLY-TO an explicit address and
entered my email address, so that when people have questions about the
meeting or announcement, I can respond to them, and it doesn't post to the
list. But it doesn't work. It's still being sent to the group. I could
remove the listname from being in the FROM field, but if I do that, then my
own name is the one that the message comes from, which is not my intention
either, since it is a message for the group sent by the association - not me
personally. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The version of mailman
that I'm using is: version 2.1.2.

Thank you in advance for your help. Happy New Year!

April