[Mailman-Users] pipermail config problem

Shaun W. Kruger shaun at linuxhost.cc
Wed Feb 5 07:35:02 CET 2003

I've looked through a couple of months of the mailman-users archive and the
FAQ.  That said I feel safe asking this...

I added
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
to my Apache httpd.conf.  After that I was getting things like this in my
/var/log/apache/error.log...
[Tue Feb  4 23:26:02 2003] [error] [client 206.71.92.238] Symbolic link not
allowed: /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/ikid-help/
I decided to add
<Location /pipermail>
  Options FollowSymLinks
</Location
directly after the Alias statement above.  For the life of me I can't figure
out what I'm missing.  I've restarted apache over and over and nothing
changes.  I turned on indexes for a minute in the <Location> statement so I
know I'm hitting the right directory, but FollowSymLinks just isn't doing
what I think it should.  Is there something else in my httpd.conf I'm
missing?  I'm no Apach expert so it's quite possible there's something else
I've missed.

Shaun
shaun at linuxhost.cc