[Mailman-Users] How to change 'from' address for admin messages

Harwood, AS (Andrew) A.S.Harwood at rl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 16:47:39 CET 2003

I am having difficulty working out how I can change the 'from' address that
mailman admin messages come from. I have set up mailman on our machine
tornado.badc.rl.ac.uk. I would prefer that mail appears to come from
'ncas.nerc.ac.uk', which is a valid alias for this machine. How do I do
this? I have tried setting 'Host name this list prefers for email', but this
does not appear to make any difference. What determines which host the
messages appear to come from? Thanks.

Andrew Harwood
Infrastructure Manager
BADC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory