[Mailman-Users] Can't admin pending messages -- me too

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 5 22:53:15 CET 2003

Well we've entered the philosophical realm here...

I agree 100% with you.  The Unix way is to give the power to the user
and "let them shoot their foot off" if that's what they want (or at
least what they tell the system they want to do).

Barry moved the URL section out of the config_list dump/input and out of
the Web-admin so that folks couldn't change it easily.  We had a lot of
users screwing around with the value and then breaking their ability to
get back to the Web-admin.  This is mega-bad for folks who are simply
running a hosting service.

By that logic I can see removing it from the Web-admin, but IMO it
should have been left in the config_list dump. So, if I can easily hack
the config_list command to include changing the url then I'll do that,
and put it where other folks can get to it.

That way you can use a tool you are more comfortable with and which is
already documented to do the job.  Yeah - Open Source!

Jon Carnes