[Mailman-Users] odd problems with mailman

fingers fingers at fingers.co.za
Mon Feb 10 11:02:54 CET 2003

Hi there

I have 2 problems with mailman.

when clicking on "tend to pending moderator requests" I get:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 226, in main
    num = show_pending_subs(mlist, form)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 287, in
    time, addr, fullname, passwd, digest, lang = mlist.GetRecord(id)
ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

and the 2nd (possibly related) problem:

every time when I run check-perms, it finds (and when used with -f, fixes)
the private archive files for my lists. for example:

directory permissions must be 02775:

the permissions are:

drwxrwxr-x   3 mailman  mailman   512 Feb  8 11:17 20030208

and it's contents:

drwxrwsr-x   2 mailman  mailman  512 Feb  8 11:17 cff5ee1f

are these permissions correct?

any assistance appreciated.