[Mailman-Users] Editing Archives

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 09:34:55 CET 2003

At 08:01 12/02/2003, Andy Woolley wrote:
>Hi All,
>I need to edit the archive of one of my lists to remove some text that a
>user is worried will be found on Search Engines.
>I've looked and see that this feature is to be added to Version 3.0 and
>possibly to version 2.1.
>My question is: Did this feature manage to get done in the current release?
>If not, is there a way I can edit the archive using a text editor?
>Thanks very much in advance.

An archived eamil will be in two places:

The list's UNIX mbox file:

The list's html archive. :

You can edit either or both with a regular text editor. Or you can just
edit the mbox file and use $prefix/bin/arch to rebuild the html archives.
The second choice may chew up a fair bit of CPU time if the list concerned
has a lost of postings.