[Mailman-Users] COntent Filtering (was Re: Rejecting Messages)

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Wed Feb 12 18:07:37 CET 2003

On Tuesday, Feb 11, 2003, at 20:20 Canada/Mountain, Matthew Davis wrote:
> * Warren Hoffman (warren at whoffman.com) wrote:
>> Also - it would be wonderful if we could let some attachment types
>> through
>> - specifically .vcf and .dat as they're harmless and usually come from
>> email systems like Outlook. Again, we're limited, so if someone could
>> spell
>> this out it would be very, very helpful. The reason we screen is
>> because we
>> don't want to pass anything on that might have a virus.
> Don't know about the first one.  But this one I might can shed some
> light
> on.
> vcards have the Content-Type: text/x-vcard
> So it should be as easy as adding 'text/x-vcard' to 'pass_mime_types'
> on the
> 'Content Filtering' page using mailman 2.1.  mailman 2.0 doesn't have
> content filtering.

While we're here, does anyone have some recommendations on what to put
in the content filtering section?  I have audio (Klez) and application
in the filter list and my pass-types is blank.  I do want to allow
photos and various other attachment types to the list, just not windiod
viruses since no one on the list can seem to keep their computers clean.

Eyes the shady night has shut/Cannot see the record cut
And silence sounds no worse than cheers/After earth ahs stopped the