[Mailman-Users] sync_members error

friedrich28 at gmx.de friedrich28 at gmx.de
Sun Feb 16 02:27:04 CET 2003

Hi there,

I'm setting up an interaction of Mailman 2.1 with a list from a MySQL database via
newlist and sync_members. But sync_members always aborts with the following error:

2.05a IT ~ % sudo /Users/mailman/bin/sync_members -g=yes -a=no -f
/Users/mailman/queries/mailresult listname
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 286, in ?
    main()
  File "/Users/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 258, in main
    s = email.Utils.formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'enc' referenced before assignment

The code fragment in question is:

        # addrs contains now all the addresses that need removing
        for laddr, (name, addr) in needsadding.items():
            pw = Utils.MakeRandomPassword()
            # should not already be subscribed, otherwise our test above is
            # broken.  Bogosity is if the address is listed in the file more
            # than once.  Second and subsequent ones trigger an
            # MMAlreadyAMember error.  Just catch it and go on.
            userdesc = UserDesc(addr, name, pw, digest)
            try:
                if not dryrun:
                    mlist.ApprovedAddMember(userdesc, welcome, notifyadmin)
                s = email.Utils.formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')  ### line 258
                print _('Added  : %(s)s')
            except Errors.MMAlreadyAMember:
                pass

I've checked mailresult (which is a MySQL Output), it contains only valid eMail-
addresses, one per line.

Direct MySQL interaction is still not available, right?

Thanks for your help,
Friedrich