[Mailman-Users] authentication problem on upgrade

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Feb 26 23:55:47 CET 2003

* Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist (dave at umiacs.umd.edu) wrote:
> > > AttributeError: 'Mailman.Cookie' module has no attribute 'SimpleCookie'
> >
> > Try cleaning out the cookies on the client machine.  There have been
> > problems with old 2.0.13 cookies interfearing with 2.1 cookies.
> >

> Sounds like a good idea. How is this done? I presume you're not talking
> about the subscribers cookies in ~/.netscape/cookie. I see
> $PREFIX/Mailman/Cookie.py
> $PREFIX/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py
> Do these need to be modified or do they access some DBfile?

I was speaking of the cookies in the client machine.  So in Netscape's
cookie manager (Tools -> Cookie Manager -> Manage Stored Cookies, i think
netscape has one, I use mozilla), find the cookies for your domain and
delete them.

If netscape doesn't have a cookie manager, and you don't mind losing all
your cookies, just delete ~/.netscape/cookie

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

"Mr. Worf, scan that ship."  "Aye, Captain... 300 DPI?