[Mailman-Users] Can mailman archvies be viewed as HTML? A FEW QUICK QUESTIONS

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 27 15:45:59 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 20:30, Jeff Martin wrote:
> > From: Jon Carnes [mailto:jonc at nc.rr.com]
> > Mailman's built in archiver does not do this well (show HTML email in the
> archives).
>
> 1. Any chance of HTML format email archives being added to Mailman?

Barry is looking for volunteers to do that now... Could be your shot at
making it into the big leagues of Open Source! :-)

It would be a fun project, but I've grown used to using MHonarc when I
need an archiver that can handle MIME/HTML.

> 2. Also do I have to do anything special to put Mailman on a virtual domain?

For version 2.1.x read the ~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py file (but make
any changes to the mm_cfg.py file).  The archives also have lots of
examples of setting up Virtual domains.

> 3. Is there a simple command to email a list's subscription list to the
> administrator?

Nothing built-in to Mailman, but it can be done from the command line:
  ~mailman/bin/list_members <listname>

To mail it to yourself:
  list_members <listname> |mail -s "<listname> members" me at mydomain.com

Good Luck - Jon Carnes