[Mailman-Users] Upgrading

david.gordon box99 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 1 21:07:27 CET 2003

I just want to be sure I understand how to get from MM 2.0.13 to 2.1 -
I'm inexperienced with command lines and the like but Very Pleased With
Myself when I got a couple of MM list running last month...

As I understand I have two options. The easiest way looks like I just run

        % cd mailman-2.1
        % ./configure
        % make install

and that will overwrite 2.0.13 (after stopping my MTA and webserver).
Then there's a couple of cron and qrunner things and, er, that's it?

Or I could do a fresh install to a new directory and then move my two
list over manually. That seems like extra work...

Have I read the instructions too quickly or is option one that easy? Will
my list carry on as usual once I restart my MTA? All I'll have to do is
check the new settings in the Admin area.

--
david.gordon