[Mailman-Users] upgrading plaintext patched 2.0.13 to 2.1

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Thu Jan 2 23:32:12 CET 2003

I apologize for my total ignorance of Python - the only programming I
usually do is of concerts and recitals :-)

The upgrading readme for 2.1 mentions problems with versions having
plaintext patch #413752. I followed the links and read all that is
there, and also searched the archives, but am unsure how I need to
proceed.

I located "if self.data_version >= mm_cfg.DATA_FILE_VERSION:" at line
611 of the /Mailman/MailList.py file. Is this what needs to be altered?
Do I just make the change to that file then run ./configure?

Thanks!

Dan Phillips
Professor of Horn, University of Memphis