[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Mac OS X?

Bill Whitacre bw at his.com
Fri Jan 3 11:39:29 CET 2003

Is anyone here using Mailman on OS X?  I've followed the instructions
put together by Kathleen Webb at
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg12599.html>
but keep getting this when I try to create a 'test' list:

> [ibb-80:~] mailman% /Applications/mailman/bin/newlist
> Enter the name of the list: test
> Enter the email of the person running the list: bw at his.com
> Initial test password:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Applications/mailman/bin/newlist", line 220, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/Applications/mailman/bin/newlist", line 169, in main
>     mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
>   File "/Applications/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 782, in Create
>     Utils.MakeDirTree(os.path.join(mm_cfg.LIST_DATA_DIR, name))
>   File "/Applications/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 265, in
> MakeDirTree
>     os.mkdir(made_part, perms)
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/Applications/mailman/lists/test'
> [ibb-80:~] mailman%

I could sure use some hints on what might be wrong.

Thanks.

bw

---
Bill Whitacre