[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman on OS X?

Bill Whitacre bw at his.com
Fri Jan 3 19:29:46 CET 2003

It WORKS!  I'm ELATED!

I'm not sure what exactly I did, except meticulously go through
Kathleen's instructions ONE MORE TIME!

One hint:  if you get as far as successfully creating the 'test' list
but can't connect to the web portion try two things:

1) make sure you have " " around the your ScriptAlias statements in
httpd.conf:

Kathleen has:  ScriptAlias /mailman/ /Applications/mailman/cgi-bin/
Should be   :  ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/Applications/mailman/cgi-bin/"

2) make sure you stop/start Apache in the Sharing System Pref -- so
simple, yet so deadly!

I want to thank everyone one both the web-development and mailmanusers
lists for all your help and Kathleen for some really great instructions!

Now, is there a way to SEARCH on mailman archives?  I don't see it as
an option in pipermail ... I'll bet there's a FAQ about this though so
I'm going to Google it.

Enjoy!

bw

---