[Mailman-Users] upgrade: 2.0.13 to 2.1, searchable archives?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri Jan 3 22:03:28 CET 2003

Howdy,

I successfully upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.1 today, with minimal fuss
and pain.  Some comments:

a) I can no longer get sync_members to work.  It always gives the
following error:

   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/opt/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 286, in ?
       main()
     File "/opt/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 258, in main
       s = email.Utils.formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')
   UnboundLocalError: local variable 'enc' referenced before assignment

I really miss sync_members...

b) The ability to turn off RFC2369 mail headers on a per-list basis
is a huge win for me, for a few cranky list-owners that hated seeing
the list management stuff in Eudora.  Thank you, thank you.

c) The ability to turn off subscribe/unsubscribe passwords and/or
list-owner confirmation on a per-list basis would also be a help.
After converting from majordomo to Mailman, some of my old list-owners
hate the password thing, and so are less than happy with Mailman
(I am however).

Question:  How to I get searchable archives?  Like

for my own mailing-list archives?  How come this doesn't come as
a part of Mailman?

--- Jeff Earickson