[Mailman-Users] upgrade: 2.0.13 to 2.1, searchable archives?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Sat Jan 4 04:01:24 CET 2003

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 06:39  PM, Phydeaux wrote:

> My worry about doing this is what happens when I want to upgrade MM
> afterward? If I have a non-standard installation what kind of
> nightmare am
> I setting myself up for down the road?

my approach is to not use pipermail. My archives are (will be...) set
up using a combination of a custom tool, and mharc, which combines
mhonarc and an integrated search engine.

(http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/)

that way, each piece (archives and list server) are independent, so you
don't have to worry about re-integrating every update. to me, it's
cleaner than trying to add stuff to pipermail I'd have to maintain.
given my free time, noot a good sitaution.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

But when that last guitar's been packed away
You know that I still want to play
So just make sure you got it all set to go
Before you come for my piano