[Mailman-Users] problems with different chatsets (footer gets attached if different)

Ben Gertzfield che at debian.org
Mon Jan 6 21:45:13 CET 2003

Sebastian Talmon wrote:

>I think a good solution for this would be, to do just the
>same as with the us-ascii-footer on this list:
>
>to switch the whole message to the 'higher' charset and then
>integrate the footer as normal...
>For a us-ascii-Message it should be no problem to have a
>ISO-8859-1-Charset.

This is a possibility, but I'm a little scared of changing something so
major as the Content-Type of the whole message just to avoid using
separate MIME parts for the body and footer.

Are there really so many people out there who are using
non-MIME-compliant mail readers that this is necessary?  In any
MIME-compliant mail reader, the two parts should just show up together
as one in the message content.

Ben