[Mailman-Users] Retry - cron daemon error on FreeBSD 4.7

C Burchell chris at burchellfamily.ca
Wed Jan 8 15:10:13 CET 2003

Original message did not seem to make it to the list, so let's try

Hello - I'm new to Mailman.

I have just recently installed mailman 2.0.12 on a FreeBSD 4.7 system
using the pkg_add feature.

I believe I have successfully configured the majority of the software
package, but ever since I ran the '/usr/local/mailman/cron/crontab.in' I
have been receiving the following e-mail message every minute:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 276, in ?
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 219, in lock
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 350, in __write
    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:

/usr/local/ mailman dir entry reads as:

drwxrwsr-x  18 root  mailman  512 <date> mailman

Almost everything under /usr/local/mailman reads:
(only expection is number of links in ls -l listing of some items)

drwxrwsr-x  2 root  91  512 <date> <dirname>

I apologize that if this has been addressed on this list before, but I
have been so far unable to find a searchable archive of the
Mailman-Users list.

Any help / guidance to solve the issue above would be most appreciated.