[Mailman-Users] Coerce Plain Text with Mailman 2.1

Webmaster ST Frontier Fleet webmaster at frontierfleet.com
Fri Jan 10 12:16:47 CET 2003

> Using Outlook Express 6, I created a standard HTML message (using one
of
> OE's default templates) and the first tries resulted in the message
> disappearing into nowhere. So next I removed all content filter
> settings, so it now says:
> - Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the
> settings below? [ Yes ]
> - Remove message attachments that have a matching content type. [
> Empty ]
> - Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type.
> Leave this field blank to skip this filter test. [ Empty ]
> - Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type.
> Leave this field blank to skip this filter test. [ Empty ]

Try setting this one to:

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

david

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Even though it would bring me back to my default
settings I gave it a try again and after a lot of error and try I found
out that the messages using OE6's template were discarded because they
included images. However, if I simply type a message and tell OE to send
it as HTML, then Mailman seems to do the conversion indeed the right
way.

Now what I need to find out next is if I could set Mailman 2.1 to strip
these attachments instead of discarding/rejecting the message in a
whole....

Well, using Mailman 2.1 to restrict plain text seems to be abit harder
then using a patched Mailman 2.0.x but with some more error and try I
should probably succeed. :-)

Thanks so far. And if anyone has some more suggestions, I'm all ears.
;-)

Kind regards,

Guido