[Mailman-Users] Archives in HTML?

Matthew Davis bigdog at dogpound.vnet.net
Thu Jan 16 04:28:06 CET 2003

* Jim Hale (jim-ml at halemail.dyndns.org) wrote:
> I went and pulled mhonarc and have it installed but I need to find out
> how to make Mailman look at it instead of Pipermail - problem is that
> I'm running all this on an SME server so everything is not in the exact
> location like in the instructions.

First I don't know what SME means (sorry for my ignorance).  So I hope this
applies to you. There are a few ways to do this.  I'd say 2 of the easiest
are as follows.

See the ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX section in Mailman/Defaults.py and set the setting
as you need to in mm_cfg.py.

1.  Use the existing mbox file located in
    archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox

    Then you can point mhonarc to that file and update from that file.  The
rest is configuring mhonarc and its templates to suite your needs.

    With this option you would have to regenerate occasionally.  I'm sure
theres a way to have it generate on the fly, but I don't know enough about
mailman or python to do it.

2.  Subscribe an archive (ie mhonarc at list.domain) user to all your lists and
use his mbox to generate the archvies with.

    With this option you can have the archives rebuild as mail comes in with
procmail filters or whatever you use.

> I guess you could say that I'm running 'specialized' versions of
> Mailman/Mhonarc/HTDig that someone packaged up specifically for the SME
> Server - just hoping maybe someone here has run into the same situation.

Not sure what you mean by 'specialized' versions.  And I hope this applies
to your 'specialized' system.

| Matthew Davis /\ http://dogpound.vnet.net/ |
| Wednesday, January 15, 2003 / 10:17PM      |