[Mailman-Users] mailinglists for multiple domains on one server

Victor Daniel a.k.a the MacNut macnut at macnuthome.com
Thu Jan 16 20:22:19 CET 2003

Does the virtual domain have to be on the same server as the mailman
list? Can the domain be on another server at another host altogether?

At Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:51:11 -0700, "Richard B. Pyne"
<rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:
>Eating (a very small piece of) humble pie....
>
>After I sent my reply, I did find the notes in bin/newlist telling how to
>specify the domain as part of the list name (i.e. list at dom.ain). However, the
>create cgi will not permit including the @dom.ain in the list name and
>therefore defaults to the default domain (which mailman appears to allow
>only to be the domain listed in the PTR dns record for the IP address of the
>machine).
>
>--Richard

  		Victor Daniel a.k.a The MacNut
  the.macnut at verizon.net             	macnut at macnuthome.com
  	    Listmom, ClarisWorks/AppleWorks email list:
	 	<http://www.macnuthome.com/awlist>
	      And the Macintosh Personal Finance List: