[Mailman-Users] spam filter

Matthew Davis bigdog at dogpound.vnet.net
Thu Jan 16 23:57:21 CET 2003

Quoting Kory Wheatley <wheakory at isu.edu>:

> I would like to discard any email that comes from the from address
> "big at boss.com".  I know you can put a filter value in the mm_cfg.py and
> that will filter mail to be held for moderation; for example,  "from:
> .big at boss.com", but I would rather have it be automatically discarded,
> so there is no need to manually discard these emails when they are held
> for approval.
>
> I would need this for mailman 2.0.13 and mailman 2.1

It would be smarter to put that ban in at the mailserver level.  Putting a line
in your /etc/mail/access (if its sendmail) would be nice.  That way no
processing of the message, less CPU consumption.

But if cannot modify the mailserver and your using mailman 2.1, putting an
entry in reject_these_nonmembers under Privacy Options -> Sender filters will
auto reject that address.

I don't think that mm2.0 has this auto-reject feature.