[Mailman-Users] old request causes checkdbs failure in 2.1

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jan 19 15:58:54 CET 2003

I updated my site (red hat linux 6.2, i686) to mailman 2.1 and python 2.2.2.

Unfortunately, I managed to create a request to the new `mailman' list
during the upgrade which ended up in the old format, and is causing
cron/checkdbs to fail (see below).  At least that's what I gather from
the couple of relevant messages I could find about it.

It's just a junk request, and all I want to do is get rid of it so I
stop getting the error.  Help?  Where are the pending_requests stored?
How can I view/delete them?  Or is there another way to fix?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
karl

Here is the actual error:

bash$ ./cron/checkdbs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./cron/checkdbs", line 136, in ?
    main()
  File "./cron/checkdbs", line 80, in main
    text += '\n' + pending_requests(mlist)
  File "./cron/checkdbs", line 102, in pending_requests
    when, addr, fullname, passwd, digest, lang = mlist.GetRecord(id)
ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size