[Mailman-Users] Re: Problems with content filtering
david at midrange.com
Sun Jan 19 16:18:57 CET 2003
"David Gibbs" <david at midrange.com> wrote in message
news:b0d7d8$k5k$1 at main.gmane.org...
> I solved the problem by changing the HTML to Plaintext command to links...
Actually, I found a simpler solution that doesn't require installing any
Turns out that Redhat decided, in their infinite wisdom, to change the
temporary directory that lynx uses to be the users home directory. Since
qrunner is suid to mailman, the processes environment information it runs
with is not actually mailman's (home directory, etc) ... so if you start
qrunner when signed on as root, the processes home directory is still root's
home directory (in my case '/root').... so, you have a process that has a
home directory that it has no authority to write to.
To fix the problem, we have to change the temporary directory that lynx
Change the HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND to the following ...
HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND = 'export LYNX_TEMP_SPACE=/tmp &&
/usr/bin/lynx -force_html -dump %(filename)s'
This causes the temporary directory that lynx will use to be /tmp (which,
btw, is the default for a freshly built lynx).
Now, this works fine ... I just tested it and got fine results... HOWEVER, I
really don't like the way lynx formats the dumped html file... it's got
extra spaces between each line. Don't know why.
I'm going to stick with links for now. :)
More information about the Mailman-Users